Do you need to sell a house that needs work? You don’t have to feel stuck or fearful of all the impending expenses! We have put together some great tips to help you sell your Florida home… even if it needs some work!
Many people hang on to a house that needs work because they don’t have the time or money to fix it. This inevitably costs more money in the long run, not to mention the stress and hassles that come from a run-down house.
There are many people out there who will buy your house for a great price even if the house needs tlc, freeing you from the property and the burden of making repairs. The strategy of selling is a bit different, and with these tips, we can help you sell a house that needs work fast and for a great price!
How to Sell a House That Needs Work in Florida: Quick Tips for a Quick Fix
- Fix what you can. Selling a house that needs major work and repairs can be done, just take it one repair at a time.
- There are lot’s of buyers who enjoy buying old houses and renovating them. Find them and tell them about your house!
- You can always find something charming and attractive in a home even if the house needs so much work. Find out what that is and focus on it!
- Be sure to disclose all the facts about the house including the good, the bad, and the ugly. Remember that no matter where you live, there’s a market and buyers for old broken down houses.
- Take the initiative by calling local buyers and investors with your request for an offer on your house. Chances are, if it’s a good deal, it could even create a bidding war between your buyers!
- Help potential buyers use their imagination. Setting the mood with lighting or using a free design software can jump-start your prospective buyers’ imaginations and shift their perception of your property in an instant!
Now, let’s dive in! …..
First, Fix What You Can
When you’re house needs tlc, there are many things that can be repaired relatively inexpensively while still making a strong impact. A fresh coat of paint can go a long way. Repairing holes in the walls, cleaning the carpets and adding new fixtures are all great ways to fix up the house without breaking the bank.
We also recommend repairing the roof and cleaning up the yard. Curb appeal has a major impact on a potential buyers perception of the home.
Even if my house needs major repairs, no one else should be able to tell that you’re selling a house in bad condition. If their initial impression is of a neat and tidy yard, they will have a more open mind when viewing the rest of your home!
Get Your House in Front of Serious Cash Buyers & Investors
You can do this by networking in investment and real estate groups. Get the word out about your home and help people to see the potential value. Run the numbers yourself and let people see what it will cost to repair vs. the value of the home when it is complete. Being able to communicate the value of your house to potential buyers is very important when selling a fixer-upper.
Play Up What’s Good
When selling a house that needs work, even if the house has areas that require major improvements, there is bound to be something about it that is appealing! Maybe it’s in a great location or features custom, built-in cabinetry.
If you ignore the fact that your house needs so much work and focus on the positive and the potential of the property once it has been fixed, you will sell that old house and improve your positive perception in life – or at least the publics’ perception of the condition and sale of your house.
While you want to play up the good features you also need to be 100% honest about what is wrong with the house if you are selling a house in bad condition. By disclosing everything you know, you can address it head-on as opposed to after the inspection has been done.
You don’t want to set yourself up for a lawsuit by concealing a potentially deal-breaking fact about the property. Plus, it’s the right thing to do.
Call For Offers and Wait
One strategies many people use is to call for offers and wait. Let it be known to the world that you are openly advertising your property, and will be taking any and all offers into consideration.
Set a specific date as to when an offer will be accepted. This will create a sense of urgency and will potentially pit multiple investors against one another in a battle for your home.
Help People Use Their Imagination
Selling a house that needs work will ultimately require a little bit of creative thinking. No matter what shape the property is in, you can do some things to set the mood. Is it a nice day? Make sure the windows are open to let the breeze come through.
Stage the home to the best of your ability and clean up as much as possible. You can even find free interior design or room planning software to show what the potential of the room with a few renovations. Help your potential buyers see what could be!